Translate

Sunday, October 25, 2015

7 Things that Will Block the Flow of the Spirit of God in Your Life.

John 7:38 He that believes on me, as the scripture has said, out of his heart shall flow rivers of living water.

Have you ever sang the song, "I've got a river of life flowing out of me, makes the lame to walk and the blind to see...

There is a river flowing inside of you if you have received the Spirit of God into your life.  There are things that can block the flow of the Spirit in your life.   If that flow inside of you is blocked it will make you feel like you are CUT OFF from the presence of God.

What are some of the things that can block the flow of the spirit in your life?

Condemnation!
Condemnation is the result of you NOT FORGIVING yourself.   The more we hold against ourselves the greater the gulf we feel between us and our creator!   And this condemnation that we hold against ourselves feels like it is coming from God because it blocks off the flow of the Spirit of God in our lives.   It may block the flow of the spirit but that does not mean it comes from God.    Think of it this way.  When you see a stream flowing with water, everything in that water flows downstream.  But what if debris blocks the stream and keeps the water from flowing?   Does that water stop flowing because the water isn't there?   Is it the fault of the person downstream that they are no longer receiving water?  Is it because they don't deserve water?   Is it because God is mad at them, is that why the water quit flowing?  The answers to all those questions is no.   Plain and simple the water quit flowing because something blocked the stream, and they only way the water will flow again is if the stream is cleared out.    Condemnation will block the flow of the Spirit of God in your life so that the river of God does not flow to you.   It will make you feel dry, and alienated from God, but once you remove the blockage, in this case condemnation, the water begins to flow again.

It is OK.  Go ahead and say to yourself.   I forgive myself.   I give myself grace.  I forgive myself of all the mistakes of my youth.  I forgive myself of all the times I got it wrong and disappointed others.  I forgive myself!  NO breathe in and take a few Scriptures as a dose of medicine to heal that wounded spirit of yours.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them who are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 8:34  Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died--more than that, who was raised to life--is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.

John 8:11 And she said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go your way. From now on sin no more.”]

John 3:17  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Right now, don't hesitate, go ahead and release yourself from condemnation!    

If Jesus doesn't condemn me, than why do I condemn myself?

Go ahead and release that condemnation from your life.  Forgive yourself and move on with God!

Condemnation is one of the things that can block the flow of the Spirit, there are six more things that can block the flow of the Spirit of God, as you remove these things from your life, you are going to find that the presence of God begins to flow more freely inside you like a mighty river that causes you to proper in all that you do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment